Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day 2010!


Well, beadheads...it's Earth Day! Let's face it, we're certainly not perfect when it comes to taking care of our earth. It's impossible to do everything right. We should once in a while sit back and think about what can I do for the earth. It may be something simple like starting to hang out the laundry on a sunny day. Yes, that's my laundry - be thankful I don't have any gotchie draws out there! Sheets that are dried outside smell wonderful and come alive. Think about how lifeless your clothes are after you use the dryer time and time again. I guarantee you will sleep better with fresh air dried sheets.
Did you ever wonder how Earth Day started? Read this - http://EarthDay.envirolink.org/history.html And...hey there Al Gore do you hang laundry out? Saves energy....I'm just sayin'
I hope you all enjoy the day. Go plant a flower, look up at the sky, count your blessings for all you have. Never take it for granted.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Earth Day to you too! My mom used to hang out our sheets when I was a kid.. I can still smell that WONDERFUL smell!!!
    Health and happiness,
    Angela
    http://angelawalkerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earth day is one of my favorite holidays. Every year I make a list of two - five things I want to change or improve.

    I wanted to share that two years ago I had air drying on my list. Now I dry everything on clothes drying racks. It is wonderful. It took a little bit of getting used to and change or two in my habits. But know I am helping to save resources and my clothes last much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earth Day is also one of my favorite holidays. There are so many ways I can improve in treating our earth that it's overwhelming. If each of us just changes a couple of things each year it will amount to something.

    When I listen to the news about the oil spill it makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete